Monday, April 9, 2012

Cakes per Order - When it goes wrong

Most people prepare / bake cakes only per order. The customer gives the specifications of what they are looking for.

I generally ask the main questions: How many people, what flavour, what theme, what colour, etc.

If they do not have a picture as example, I look for one and they have to approve. 

Most kids (and Adults) do not like fondant covered cakes, thus 99! of my cakes will be covered with buttercream icing.

I also make sure that the customer know what I quoted on, so when a customer get back to you and complain, it really leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I have recently encountered such a customer. I thought I did everything according to what we discussed, she picked the cake up but about an hour after that, she wanted to return it as it was not what she ordered/wanted.

This was a first for me, so I had no idea what to do! She wanted all her money back, because her customer? did not like the cake?

Sooooo, I asked her this question - What did I give you that you did not want or ordered? Still no reply to that, but still, I aim to please, so I only ask this....

What to do in this instance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment